Saturday, November 21, 2009

Heaven Is Just A Heartbeat Away

Because of recent events I have been reminded AGAIN of how quickly everything can change..One minute I am waiting for a vet to give my dog Bella her Kennel Cough vaccine. Two hours later I am at an Emergency Animal Hospital listening to another vet ask me that if Bella should go into cardiac arrest did I want her resuscitated.It is confusing.....
When I was nineteen my Grandfather died out of the blue. He went to bed alive (After a bowl of ice cream) and woke up dead.Talk about confusing!!I have often wondered if when he woke up it was like that scene from the Wizard of Oz where after the house drops on the Wicked Witch of the West,Dorthy walks out into Munchkin Land and says to Toto that she didn't think they were in Kansas anymore.I wonder if Pop said to himself I don't think I am in Ohio anymore.I hope so.And I hope he danced the yellow brick road all of the way to the Emerald City where the Wizard gave him the prettiest silver boat to sail the bluest waters with.And that He and Nanny are happy together in the ever after.Because for my Pop Heaven was just a heart beat away as it is for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment